June 17, 2015

Hasselback Chicken Cordon Bleu



Since we're still in the process of getting established in our new home, I've been sticking to quick-and-easy meals for dinner.  Hasselback chicken is a concept that I came up with after getting very frustrated with all the butterflying, pounding, rolling, stuffing, and fastening of chicken breasts for stuffed chicken.  It's seriously easy to make.  My favorite thing about it is that you can easily control the chicken-to-other-ingredients ratio.  The first time I tried it, I made a Cajun chicken with pepper jack cheese and spinach, and it was amazing.  Check it out here.  This time, I had some leftover deli ham that I had to use up, so I decided to make a Cordon bleu.  The results?  My family raved over it. 

Speaking of our new home, we're making progress!  Unpacking has had its ups and downs, but we've been getting through it at a pretty steady pace.  Just 37 a few more boxes to go through in the basement, and we'll be all settled in!  Along with a new house comes the excitement of exploring new local destinations.  I have 4 grocery stores (that I'm aware of so far) within 1 mile of my house, which will make it much easier for me to shop sales.  I also still haven't had the time to set up a food blogging station, so, once again, these photos were taken at my bay window.





Ingredients:

  • 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
  • 4 slices of cheese (such as Swiss, Gruyere, etc.)
  • 3 oz deli ham (I use chipped)
  • 1/4 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt, or to taste
  • 1/4 tsp ground pepper, or to taste 
  • 1 tbsp seasoned breadcrumbs 

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Using a sharp knife, cut slits in the chicken breasts widthwise that are about 3/4 inches apart, making sure not to cut all the way down through the bottom of the chicken breast.  You will have about 7 or 8 slits per chicken breast, depending on how large your chicken breasts are.

Position the cheese slices into the slits of the chicken and then stuff evenly with the deli ham.  Sprinkle the chicken evenly with garlic powder, salt, pepper, and breadcrumbs.  

Place the chicken on a lightly greased baking sheet.  Bake uncovered in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. 

Enjoy!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: